Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Child's Story

Once upon a time, a good many years ago, there was a traveller, and he set out upon a journey. It was a magic journey, and was to seem very long when he began it, and very short when he got half way through.

He travelled along a rather dark path for some little time, without meeting anything, until at last he came to a beautiful child. So he said to the child, "What do you do here?" And the child said, "I am always at play. Come and play with me!"

They played and played till time stood still but the man on the journey never gave the child freedom of will. He said "child you play without any thought, where are the ones who have lived and taught." The child said "Sir I know of no other way of being all that I do is all that i'm seeing." This child never learned of a life that is serious and always thought that play wouldn't be mischevious. The man said "child I would love to stay and play some more but seriously I need to get back to my family who I adore." The child said "sir there's no problem in that and I ask for forgiveness if you thought me to be a brat." The man forgave the boy without a second thought and that's when the child said "thanks from your Lord."

1 comment: